Location: Northwest Michigan
Industry: Luxury Home Builder
Listing ID: CK250918MB
This builder is a premier custom luxury home building company that has a strong, established reputation for high integrity, customer service and quality. There are an over-whelming number of home building companies doing business in Michigan and many of these companies appear for a few years only to quickly disappear when the economy gets weak and reappear when home building begins to boom again, often under a different name. With a 30-year history, the owner has built a top trusted name in the building industry and has developed one of the most well-known brands for luxury custom home building and remodeling in Northern Michigan.
Some other key differentiators include:
- The company has prospered and continues to grow its already healthy footprint in the lucrative segment of custom home building focused on luxury lakefront living.
- Over $13.3 million in active work-in-process business with $6.7 million remaining to be billed and another $1.3 million in projects awaiting to be awarded.
- A culture that begins with listening to customers, operating with integrity and making the customer’s vision a shared vision.
- An exceptionally strong brand built within their focused geography and beyond.
- Besides a focus on building luxury homes, the company is a go-to resource for performing major remodeling projects and additional structures.
- Several identified growth opportunities for a new owner.
- The company not only survived the great recession, it found a way to prosper and position themselves for the growth they have realized.
Total Sales: $6,464,282
Cash Flow: $747,349
FFE: $131,000 (Included in Price)(Included in Price)
Reason For Sale:
Training & Support:
Owner willing to provide necessary transition assistance.
Days & Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Monthly Rent: 1350
Type of Location: Office Building
Square Footage: 1200
Leased office building.
The office includes:
• 4 offices with windows and natural light that are fully equipped.
• Large reception area.
• New paint and carpet.
• Large conference room.
• New kitchen with eating area.
• Ample storage space.
Michigan Builders License
The market has a large number of other builders, but few have tapped the high-end custom home market this company is known to service. Securing contracts has not be a concern since the turnaround in this industry in 2009.
There is a solid opportunity to grow the business while increasing profit margins further and driving even greater dollars to the bottom line of this company.
- Using the established reputation of the business, create a new division that handles property management and maintenance starting with the homes that they built or updated.
- Hire a full-time salesperson to grow the company.
Seller is willing to provide some seller financing to support buyer with SBA financing.